Saturday, May 11, 2013

Queijadas De Leite

I love Queijadas.  I mean, really, who doesn't? These custard little egg cups are a little piece of heaven.  Queijadas de Nata are my favorite, but they are a lot of work.  Work that I will learn to do because of this blog, but these are the ones we grew up with.  These are easy to throw together and taste amazing :)

Queijadas De Leite

5 large eggs
3 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups of flour
3 cups of sugar
2 bars of butter at room temp. (very important!  you can not melt the butter as it will cook the eggs)
Vanilla extract to taste


Pull everything out for easy baking!  Seriously, it's my number one tip.  Nothing I hate more than running around grabbing stuff when I'm in the middle of something, and usually have dirty hands.


Put your sugar in the mixer


Cream the butter and sugar together


Whip them up til creamy


Always crack eggs in a separate bowl to help stop with the "oops a shell!" moments


Beat the eggs with the creamed sugar and butter


Add your vanilla.  This is my secret.  You're only suppose to put a dash, I usually put 1 tablespoon.  I love vanilla!


start adding in our flour a little at a time.


Time for the milk.


The batter is runny.  Unlike cake batter.  It may not look right to you, but it is right, I promise!


Pour your liquid into greased or lined cupcake tins.


This recipe will give you 3 dozen.  Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. 


Cook until they start to crack and are golden brown.  Once you pull them out they will fall a little, they are suppose to!


Pull them out and enjoy :)


Ready to serve!

Let us know if you make these!  Take pictures!  Give us your tips!  We love to hear it :)



3 comments:

  1. Love the pics! My family has never tried these. Wish we lived close so i can munch on one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Quejaidas!!! Make them here alot. I do the whole thing in my blender! LOL then I can pour the mixture in the pans so easy! Here's mine from when i first started blogging... Whew! http://foodslove.blogspot.com/2010/12/crustless-custard-tartlets.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it 2 large bars of butter or small ones?

    ReplyDelete